Taper Avenue Elementary School and S.T.E.A.M Magnet is a small, single-track suburban elementary school located in San Pedro, CA in the harbor district of the Los Angeles Unified School District. Taper is part of the San Pedro Community of Schools within Local District 7 South. The school is comprised of approximately 683 students from Transitional Kindergarten through 5th grade. Taper's current Academic Performance and Indicator's can be found by visiting the Office of Data and Accountability's website.
Taper Avenue Elementary and S.T.E.A.M Magnet will provide a challenging learning environment in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics, which supports students to maximize their potential and prepare students to be college and career ready and to meet the challenges in the world around them.
The vision at Taper Avenue Elementary is to provide the community with a strong academic program within a safe, friendly, technology-rich environment that allows all students to reach their fullest potential.
TAPER CORE BELIEFS
- All students can, and will learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education, both at home and at school.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- Teachers and parents will be models of life-long learning.
- Learning takes place best in a safe, clean, challenging, and non-threatening environment.