General Information » Enrollment - English

Enrollment - English

New Students

Enrollment packets and information are available at our main office. Enrollment hours are from 9:00am-11:00am or 1:30pm-3:30pm beginning in May through June prior to the start of the new school year. To find out whether you live within our school's attendance boundary, please enter your home address in the Resident School Identifier

Taper also accepts the following Intra-District Permit requests: Child-Care Permit (student with a child care provider living within the boundaries of Taper Avenue Elementary,) Parent/Guardian Employment Permit (Parent/Guardian work address is within the boundaries of Taper Avenue Elementary,) and Sibling Permit (sibling attending Taper,) Acceptance of all enrollment by permits is based upon space available, you will be notified by our office. Permits are renewed annually. Contact or visit our main office for more information or to request a permit application.

For students currently attending an LAUSD school, please notify your current school that you are going to attend Taper (upon acceptance). They MUST check you out of their school on the last day of school. If you can obtain a "PAR" (Pupil Accounting Report) from the school, please include it with your Enrollment Packet. (Note enrollment must be done in person in the main office, and you must have your child with you.)

Transfer students from another school district new to the LAUSD, please visit the LAUSD Pupil Services and Attendance webpage for more information on how to enroll.

Registration requirements

Verification of the following required information must be presented to the office staff at time of registration.

  1. Proof of Residence-Please present one of the following: (Electric, water or gas bill only, Rental agreement, Mortgage or current bank statement) Bills must be in the parent/guardian's name.
  2. Complete Immunization Record. (For your reference, the Parents’ Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry is available here: School entry immunization guide.)   Make sure the following shots are clearly stated on your child's record. (4) Polio, (5) DPT (2) MMR, (3) Hepatitis B, and (2) Varicella.
  3. Parent Identification: (Driver’s license or DMV identification card.)
  4. Proof of Age of Minor: (Any of the following will be accepted-Birth certificate, Baptismal certificate or Passport.) ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS - The office will make copies. Note: TK-Students MUST turn five between September 2nd - February 2nd. Kindergarten - Students MUST turn five on or before September 1st.
  5. Information from previous school: (Transcripts or recent report card, address and phone number.)
  6. Notify us if your child receives any services such as Speech, OT or PT, etc.
  7. If Applicable: Copy of most recent Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or Section 504 Plan.
  8. Dental Health checkup: Required for Kindergarten and 1st Grade Only (filled out by you and your dentist.)

    Note: A physical health examination is required for TK- 1st grade. This is a California State Law.